Friday, February 14, 2014

Random People Keep Enabling My Decaf Addiction

I had a minor caffeine addiction when I was hit, but I kicked it in the hospital. I figured I didn't need it and what the hell? BUT coffee is so awesome and warm in the morning...so I started drinking decaf thinking I would be safe. WRONG! Come to find out, decaf has a small amount of caffeine in it so if I go for a period of 36 hours or so without drinking it I get a ferocious headache. Sheesh!

New Year's Day I was having a grumpy morning. I was headed to Anytime Fitness to do my long "run" on the conveyor belt, and I didn't want to go because it takes me so damn long to walk that far and even though it's the only place I have access to cable TV, treadmills are so Boring (but better for my gait because I can hold on to both sides). So I decided to get my usual at Starbucks - tall decaf skinny vanilla latte (basically, everything but coffee). I'm a little fond of one particular location on Johnston in front of the Barnes and Noble because they're quite friendly. But there was a big truck blocking my way, and I had to go around again to the red light, and then a car pulled in in front of me making me later to the date I had with the monotonous thing to walk on, UGH. I decided to give up on the day and go back home. THEN, that lady in front of me gave me a wave and when she drove off come to find out she paid for me! Yay! Happy day, I did the whole 3 hours! :)
Last week if you noticed, they wrote on my coffee cup since they saw me in the paper. I told them the story about the lady, and how I wanted to hang a newspaper clipping of me on their window, thanking her for encouraging me that day to train. TODAY, the same thing happened again! Another pay-it-forward from another (I guess another) awesome random stranger. This is seriously not helping with my decaf addiction. BUT THANK YOU RANDOM PEOPLE!!!!

So many awesome things happening the rest of the week! I'm gearing up for the Zydeco Half Marathon now. My goal of course is to go faster, but I don't know if that's possible since it's still slow to build my knee. I hope to do it without nearly collapsing at the end like for the NOLA R'n'R. I don't have to start early because it's a 2 loop course for the full marathoners. KATC has done what I'm sure is an amazing story on my journey to do Zydeco (Elizabeth Hill is a wonderful reporter) but I haven't watched it because no matter how much filming and how awesome photojournalist Justin Terro is, I cannot imagine that I look all that great working out so hard! Here it is in case YOU want to watch it: Local triathlete recovering from serious injuries continues to reach goals, set new ones Let me know if my trainer Damian smiles in it. He smiles a lot talking, but maybe not so much on camera!

The KATC video I'm hesitant to watch. There have been better pictures of me...

Elsewise, ever better this week. Making my triathlon club work hard - I want to make sure they're in a good place if I ever have to leave or anything! - getting stronger and my balance is rockin, better than the average person on my left leg. Meeting with some of my college peeps, and a friend I hadn't seen in over 20 years this weekend. Thinking about relays. Kid's doing awesome, boyfriend's doing awesome, ya'll have a great weekend!

Link to Rob and Leslie Mornings (an awesome radio show I was briefly on)


No comments:

Post a Comment