Friday, July 8, 2016

I Love My Neighborhood Police Officer

Whoever you are, you'll find this story awesome.

Liam and I moved in March. He was playing at the park a couple of blocks down in our new neighborhood, alone. A concerned mom from another area didn't know who he was and called the police, worried that I may be a bad parent for letting my 9yo play at the park alone. The police came out and 2 cars followed my son, who was on his bike, home to check out my living situation. Liam couldn't stop to talk to a friend, play with a cute puppy, nothing. The officers were very nice to him and of course everything was fine, but my kid was unnerved by the whole incident. The officer put his number in my kid's phone in case he ever needed it.

The next day he returned. He parked his car in front of my house and let all the kids play in it. He said his car smelled like feet afterwards, ha! But now my son went from being the boy in the neighborhood that the cops followed to the cool kid that gave an opportunity for his friends to play in a police car.

That officer now checks up on us on a regular basis, and helped us during the flooding. I can't tell you how much better I feel knowing he's watching out for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment