Friday, April 26, 2013

300 Yard & Career Change Consideration Friday Update!

Q: How much can Monique presently swim in a pool without drowning?
A: At least 300 yards!


Woohoo! It's not nearly what I could do before, though yay! My right knee still ain't bending properly, but it's proprioceptively behaving so I'm stoked. It's hard to keep my legs from sinking to deep - what's up with that, a weak core or something? Any swimmers out there with the answers I'd be grateful to hear it!

ME







I'm allowed to cane about on even surfaces where nothing is going to knock me over. That means if I come to visit you at your house I'm caning it!

 Me & my "quad" cane. My drawing skills are terrible but at least you can always tell my right leg! (it;s the straight one)

I've been driving for a week; only locally but hey! I still have to build up my stamina for longer drives (sorry HOU and NOLA and COV and CoMO and all my other friends that I swear I will visit) but local is fabulous.

My therapist Wulf is quite brave - he takes people with strokes etc out to see if they can drive. Here he is in my 1999 Chevy Silverado, 300000+ miles, no A/C, me driving with my left foot.
It all worked out fantastically, I swear!!

WORK - I'm a vet, I like to write, I like wildlife & pets & people & making sure things are done precisely. I'm digging being part of the city. Helping cyclists. And racing.
You see, I erroneously believed that I'd be let back easily to my previous job, and now that I wasn't they're being elusive about what I actually need to accomplish to do it. My therapists wrote another report, the doc signed off on it again, so We'll See.
BUT it has me thinking about quality of life and all that jazz. I lacked that before this broken neck thing. I like to WORK, this not working stuff is hard for me. I'm down with a career change. I'll go back to school even. Whatever it takes. So hey I'm open to suggestions, please hit me up if ya got any! HAPPY FRIDAY YA'LL!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment