Sunday, April 28, 2013

NOLA RnR 2014 Training Log

My colleague Dr. Julia Bates is a veterinarian in Madison, Wisconsin. She started a Facebook "event" to invite people to come race the New Orleans Rock'n'Roll Half Marathon with me on Feb 2, 2014.  She posted recently in it, reminding everyone that it's now less than 10 months away. Wow. I'm about 6.5 months post neck-breaking, and I can walk a mile in the walker, so no pressure for doing 13.1 miles in 10 months, right?
WANT TO JOIN MY EVENT? Cross the Finish Line with Monique
(warning: there will be a lot of animal docs!)

So I figured I should start training. Most of the training plans I know start 3 months out if you have the ability to run 3 miles a few times a week, so I'm shooting to be able to do that October this year. I don't have a coach, heck I don't know if anyone would know what to do with me. But I've got a game plan.

I'm posting my training log. I'm anal about it when I do it, a "data whore" if you will, so it'll be kept up to date. I started today.
One thing to remember! I'm  reminding myself more than you. While walking, speed is not the key. Form is. Bad habits, suck as hiking my hip, are hard to avoid and I have to keep focused. So i'm timing myself but that's not really a  good measuring tool.
Also, the loop around my house is 0.45 miles, so I'm using that to start with.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO: Click HERE to link to my training log

Is it possible? No one can answer that but me. And, beats me! But damned if I'm not going to plan on it.

RnR nola 2012

RnR nola 2013

RnR nola 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment