Monday, March 11, 2013

My Cycling Partner


Eric McClanahan is my neighbor. He's a fantastic neighbor, you should wish he was yours! He took care of us for the last couple of years by feeding us, watching the pets while we were away, and helping out when my sink broke & other household problems. Eric and I started cycling together & he was with me when I was hit. The driver says that he saw Eric but not me, but honestly if we were riding side by side (which is one of the things I was ticketed for, and it isn't even illegal!) he legally should have moved into the other lane to pass him. There's a huge lack of cycling education here in Acadiana! But I digress.

Eric is an incredible musician. He plays everything. He's played in several bands. He's also a dedicated engineer, but I don't have a picture of him working, ha!

I don't remember being hit, but Eric told me that I broke the guy's windshield. The driver wanted to move me but Eric wouldn't let him, which GO ERIC because he might have more severely injured my spinal cord if he did! I thanked Eric for saving my life or even just the quality of my life, but he said to thank the lady that stopped, poured Holy Water over me, and left. He also said there was quite the collection of people around me, & also the first responders and ambulance people were very professional & good at what they do. WELL, I guess I have a lot of people to thank!

Eric is well-educated as well as being extremely smart, very responsible, a great cook, and supportive friend.  He's an engineer & while I don't *quite* get what t hat entails, I understand he's very good at it. And math. He's also avidly works out, loves to hike, camp, and mountain bike and is a cliff diver. Yep. Well I never said there wasn't a crazy side to him!


















Kaiser is Eric's dog. She Loves Eric. She does NOT love me. I try not  to take it personally.She'll be friendly to me, but her first love is Eric. She's incredibly silly; for example she Loves to chase cats, but will sit tolerantly while my cat grooms her! And even though she's a teenager she gets rompish when she wants to play.

Adorable!

Now that I've been smashed up Eric's been even more amazing, if that's possible! He's been coming by when I need help, visited and called me in the hospital a million times, took care of various pets while I was in the hospital, comes over once a week to hang out with me so I won't be alone... I'm sure I'm missing things but there's no way I can keep track of it all. He DID buy me a stationary pedaling thing and attached sandals to it so that I could start pedaling before I could get on a bike. THEN when I improved he loaned me his bike & trainer so that I could start practicing my form again.



I'm trying to think of a downside to this guy to round him out & make him seem more real, but I can't just now. He's been a major reason why I don't stress everyday in my life. I'm sure his friends will laugh at how sappy this is, so good luck putting up with all  that Eric!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment