Thursday, June 27, 2013

FridUpdate #portmanteau #jamebrow

My friend James Brown Loves portmanteaus, which is a type of neologism. He's also an awesome comediatic improvier. Go see him with the Family Dinner in Baton Rouge.

Anyway, this has been the setback week. My muscle tone and spasms have returned something fierce and nobody can quite figure out why. I'm in surprisingly good spirits despite of it though, meh, nothing can hold ME down! Short of maybe getting hit by yet another car...but hell I've survived two so what's a third? ;) So I've been pushing through it. 

I've finally decided on an business name. I almost just now told you it but it's not on the records yet, so next week! Here are some hints: you're going to be disappointed cuz I picked a boring name,nobody suggested it sorry, and it has nothing to do with vets, or pets, or behavior. Ha I'm sure you can still guess it!

I've got nothing really new on the healing front 'xcept progress ever forward, and an elliptical and exercise bike from my Very awesome neighbors (I'm surrounded by 'em!) so I've sketched out more of a plan in my training log. I'm typically overzealous, fair warning! I'm cool with it.

For those of you that plan on running a half marathon next year, with me or "with" me in another state, I have a basic idea when you should start training. If you're running the NOLA RnR 2014, which is on Feb 2nd, and you just don't run at all, my opinion is start no later than 16 AUG 2013 with  Hal Higdon's 30/30 Plan. Let me be very clear that I have NO idea about training! I just wanted to warn you that you may want to start  by August 16th, if not earlier!

Me, in a dress, and tennis shoes, on my new exercise bike. Awesome.

On a last note, I love Nelson Mandela. Lately I've been thinking about him a lot because I have a long road ahead of me, but hell he was over 10 years older than I am now when he was imprisoned for over a quarter of a century, and he still accomplished so so much even after that! If he can do that, I can survive this. Everyone dies, but I'm glad for his impending peace.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I'll be running with you in February, just like I'm running with you spiritually now!
    -James Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be with you in NOLA. I was with you this year but didn't know it. I will look you up next year. Just hope you don't kick my butt on the roads when the gun goes off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In preparation for February, I've started back running in earnest. Only up to 40 minutes with this heat!!... but plan to continue to build up. I will check out the training plan you linked here. Thinking about wearing a blue dress like yours during my next run... seems to work for you! Tommy "W"

    ReplyDelete