Saturday, June 22, 2013

Update Saturday, one time only!

Friday just had too much going on!

Not much this week! I've had a strange elevated tone thing going on that prevents me from doing too much. I don't know what's causing it and it's frustrating because it won't go away. I did end up having a left over suture in my shoulder from the surgery that was taken out this week!

There has been some good changes. My elliptical pace is about the same but I could hold it easier for longer. And my fingers are making some real progress; I can extend my thumb at will now, and all my extensors are stronger, I can hold my hand flat! It still tightens up when I'm paying attention to something else but the progress keeps me believing that the function is going to continue improving. I've also been walking more, even forgetting the cane sometimes when I'm at the house. 

You can tell my left leg is bigger than my right. Also, I inadvertently weight-shift onto my left! Healing for me is more about breaking compensatory habits and less about the actual healing part.

Nothing really has changed in other parts of my life. I was finally allowed unemployment, on the basis that I'm a pregnant administrative assistant...? Sheesh nobody has their shit together! Plus my username was changed without telling me - Holy Crap I forgot to thank Rick Manuel for his help with that! THANKS!!!
Everything else is still mounds of paperwork, too boring to talk about, but so tiring and time consuming.

Still having fun though! We went to watch some friends bellydance last weekend, mais they were good! And slowly becoming more bike active...I need a bike! Yay!
Ya'll have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment