Friday, June 7, 2013

HA Forgot today was Friday! It's "Devil Beating His Wife" Friday Ya'll! *UPDATED* *AGAIN!*

Well we can all agree that I'm pretty good at writing depressing stuff! ;) On to this week.

I've decided to write some Country/Western song lyrics since my life is looking like a good one right now! I'm a scientist, not an artist, so you've GOT to forgive the silliness!
It's to the tune of David Allan Coe's last verse of "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" since it's the self-proclaimed perfect country and western song. Here it is in case you don't know it:


My bike was wrecked
The day that unlicensed driver
Broke my neck

And I lost my job
in south Louisiana
Over iiiiittttt!!

But before I could catch my deaf dog
In my a/c-less pickup truck
The devil was beating his wife all over again!

And I'll hang around as long as you will let me...

There's a disbeliever here in Laffy that anybody around here know's what the "devil beating his wife" is besides for me, so here's a pic as a hint.


There's a little tiny cute rain shower! Right in the middle there!


On the therapy front, I have good news in that my therapist says I'm ready to start speeding things up (the speed that's coming from walking is from improved form, not speed). My knee is still a problem but everything else is okay. Also, I achieved a normal speed on the elliptical this week so this is awesome. Unfortunately I still have bike malfunctions, and my left elbow is still bugging me so swimming has been out. I've been walking less because the time it takes isn't worth the therapeutic benefit, but I plan on walking my own personal 5K this weekend just because. Unless this one tomorrow at Church Point will take me... SO the training log may be looking sparser and sparser, but it ain't, swear!

*UPDATED* I AM GOING TO BE IN THE 5K IN CHURCH POINT TOMORROW!!!!


I've got my bills paid, financially stable again due to some money shuffling around, and some low-paying but awesome odd jobs on the horizon. I'm still searching for a permanent job but I don't have to stress about it yet again for a while! Soooo close to going more public about my new little behavior business! Next week!

This week has been pretty great overall! Nic was out of town but he's back now, and Liam was in UL's soccer camp all week! Plus he just started on COLA's swim team, so he's a busy kid! We stayed the night with some of our friends Paige and David Billeaud and their kids, who have a new pool. And the crowning point of the weekend is that we went to Lake Chicot and stayed the night with some friends in a cabin - oh man, great times! The Awesomest Jen Steele rode Liam and I tandem on her bike! We went a little over 10 miles, and it was the first time that I've been on a bike outdoors since I got hit. It was also Great therapy for the inhibition process that needs to happen with my quads/hams. I had to tie my right foot to the pedal, but it's soo much stronger. I might have a pic, I'll update this with it if I do! The whole weekend was great, and set a great tone for the rest of my week. BikeLafayette is run by some great people ya'll!



Happy days, ya'll have a great week!





1 comment: